Clifton Campus History
The Clifton Campus, formerly Clifton Christian Church, was planted at 131 Vernon Avenue, in the Clifton neighborhood, in 1893. The church has had years in which it was very visible and influential in the community that surrounds it. In the 1920's, 30's and 40's the church saw continued growth, averaging nearly 250 in attendance each Sunday morning.
However, in the early 1980's the church attendance began to drop and by the early 2000's it became painfully obvious that significant changes were needed to avoid closing the church. Knowing a fresh approach and younger leadership was needed, the eldership at Clifton Christian Church approached the eldership at Northeast Christian Church to discuss a partnership between the two churches. Northeast embraced this opportunity to take Clifton Christian Church under its wings of leadership to become an extension of itself. In October of 2007, the remaining congregation of Clifton Christian Church, came together and made a very difficult decision to allow it self to be merged together with Northeast Christian Church.
On November 9th, 2008 Clifton Christian Church re-launched itself in the Clifton community with 163 in attendance. Now the congregation seems to be growing younger in age and larger in size every weekend. In January 2014, Clifton Christian Church under went a name change, formally becoming a campus of Northeast.
While the story of Clifton Christian Church began 121 years ago, it seems that the best days of this church are still ahead of it. And, we hope you will come and be a part of our future.