Good News Homes provides transitional housing for homeless families in the Oldham county as well as, prevention and referral services for families/individuals at-risk for homelessness. GNH receives over 250 requests each year for housing. The most common reasons for homelessness are divorce/broken relationships, domestic violence, job loss, emergency situations such as fire or car accident. Often times there is only a need for a few months to get back on your feet and that’s why GNH offers 3, 6, 9, and 12 month housing options. Transitional housing is a available for families to pay a low cost rent for up to a year while participating in a case management program which includes budgeting and job skills training.
You can LOVE THE VILLE by by serving in the following ways:
- Provide welcome baskets which include household items such as cleaning supplies, cooking utensils, toilet paper, paper towels and dishcloths.
- Write cards of encouragement to families
- Provide meals for new families as they enter into a new home
- Adopt a family for Christmas
- Assist with moving in or out of an apartment
- Re-paint and clean between tenants
- Help with Children’s events at the LaGrange Community Center
To learn more about Good News Home click here (http://goodnewshomesky.com/)