How can YOU help others?
Join with us in our Compassion Plan.
One of the most pressing concerns during COVID-19 continues to be food. Our church and our partners are prepared to serve our community in the coming week, but this won’t be over in a week. We need non-perishable canned goods on-hand to deliver to our neighbors and partners.
Before we go any further, PLEASE read this.
We know that being in public spaces like grocery stores is high-risk. We also know that supplies at grocery stores are scarce. Please do not make several extra trips for these canned goods. Get what you can when you do your own shopping. Be safe.
Check List for the Hygiene Kits
Check List for the Food Pantry
We will accept any of these items. We don’t need all four. Bring what you can find and afford.
- Canned fruit/Fruit Cups
- Pasta and Sauce
- Cereal/Oatmeal/Breakfast items
Where do I take it?
Who can participate?
We need everyone! Anyone in our city who wants to love the ‘Ville during these trying times should participate.
We will continue to assess the needs of our neighbors and partners real-time.
Stuck at home or out of town?
As always, you can make a generous donation to the Love the ‘Ville Church and our work in the community online – https://www.necchurch.org/give. Designate your gift to “COVID-19”.
- Click a date in the calendar and claim as many days/times as you are able.
- It’s the night hours we need most. Will you consider waking up to pray?
- If you need guidance on what to pray, see below for specific prayer prompts.
- Share this with any friends from any church who believe in the power of prayer.
A Prayer for the Sick & Vulnerable
God, give those who are sick and vulnerable:
- a fast recovery and full healing.
- a community of friends & family who provide laughter, care, and love.
- the peace that only You can give during trying times.
- an ability to trust in your will, no matter what that looks like.
- a hope in Jesus that no pain, sickness, or suffering in this life can ever take away.
Do you need help? Contact us through our Love the ‘Ville Resource-Line. We are committed to continuing to support and love our city through this crisis.
A Prayer for Government Officials:
God, give our government leaders:
- the heart of Jesus to lead like a servant.
- wisdom to discern what is right, just, and best.
- the power to bring healing
- words that bring clarity and confidence rather than confusion and fear
- the peace that only You can give during trying times.
- safety as they run toward the problems rather than away.
- a sense of purpose and joy in their public service.
- a swift end to this pandemic.
- a supportive Commonwealth.
Here is a list of some of our local leaders you can pray for by name.
|– Governor Andy Beshear
– Lt. Governor Jacqueline Coleman
– Acting Secretary of Cabinet for Health & Family Services Eric Friedlander
– Commissioner of Public Health Dr. Steven Stack
|– Mayor Greg Fischer
– Louisville Forward Chief Mary Ellen Wiederwohl
– Chief of Community Building Vincent James
– Director of Louisville Metro Department of Public Health Dr. Sarah Moyer
A Prayer for Healthcare Professionals:
God, give our healthcare workers:
- Wisdom and strength as their endurance is tested
- Faith that will triumph over fears of the unknown
- Clear, sound minds to focus on protocols and prevent spreading
- Peace that only comes from God in the midst of chaos
- Protection from the virus for themselves so they can treat and care for those inflicted
- Words of comfort and compassion to offer every patient they see
- Grace for their coworkers who are also feeling overwhelmed
- The love of Jesus unleashed in every hospital and doctor’s office
- Protection for their families as they take the stress home and try to remain present
A Prayer for Our Church
- Pray God would lead those in need to us through our efforts to love our neighbors and launch the Love the ‘Ville Resource-Line.
- Pray God would empower us with cross-shaped love, and we would unleash it everyday, everybody, everywhere.
- Pray for healing, that God might use our love to bring healing physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Pray for peace over uncertainty, trust over worry, faith over fear.
- Pray for witness, that people would see Jesus through our love.
- Pray for conversations, that we would be attune to opportunities to explain our hope during these trying times.
- Pray for an end to this, that health would be restored to our world and to our city soon.
Northeast Family, time to be the church! We need you to take Love the ‘Ville into your own hands and unleash the love! We are asking you to take the Love ‘Ville Resource-Line to your neighbors, friends, and loved ones. Watch the video above if you want the full explanation from Tyler or skip the chit-chat and read the instructions below.
Download the social media graphics or flyer for whatever you may need.
- When you share on social , offer a brief explanation of what this is all about. You could post something like:
- “Hey everyone! Stuck inside? Need someone to run errands for you? Can’t find childcare? Low on food? Unemployed? I want to make sure all my Louisville friends are okay during these hard times. If I can personally help you, please message me! Or reach out to the Love the ‘Ville Resource Line. My friends there will be able to help.”
- If you distribute the flyer around your neighborhood. We suggest maintaining social distance by sticking the flyer to their front door, knocking, and if you’re comfortable, stepping off the front porch and explaining from a safe distance.
- Here’s what you say:
- “Hi! My name is ______. I’m your neighbor. My family and friends want to make sure everyone is okay during these hard times. Read the flyer. If you need anything, don’t hesitate to reach out.”
How can WE help you?
Helping each other get through COVID-19.
- Peer Support for Healthcare Professionals
- Sundays at 8pm OR Wednesdays at 2:30
- Self-Care during a Pandemic
- Tuesdays at 8:30
- Grief Support
- Tuesdays at 7:30pm
- Peer Support for Educators
- Wednesdays at 7pm
- Overcoming fear and fighting anxiety
- Thursdays at 2:30 OR 8pm
We don’t have all the answers but we will walk together through this.
No strings attached, even if you don’t come to church on Sundays or ever become a Stakeholder, we want you to know we are here for you.
We offer several ways for you to receive care and support.
- Stuck inside because of your age or health?
- Need someone to run errands or get groceries?
- Desperate for reliable childcare?
- Low on food?
- Need prayer?
We want to help!
Call the Love The ‘Ville resource line 502-294-7070 between 8am and 6pm. One of our trained pastors will do their best to help find a solution to your need. Or fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For more information regarding COVID-19 and how the state of Kentucky is handling it, please visit kycovid19.ky.gov.
Due to COVID-19 the government is:
- waiving the waiting period to obtain unemployment
- work search requirements also are waived while state of emergency
You need handy:
- Social Security number
- Your contact information, address, phone number
- Contact information for all recent employers
- Dates worked for all recent employers
- Wages earned from all recent employers
To apply online – www.kcc.ky.gov
To apply by phone – 502-875-0442 (Please be patient, they are receiving a lot of phone calls)
Please fill out the form if you know of businesses for immediate hire:
Check out these websites for information and help:
- Louisville Small Business Resources COVID-19
- Small Business Administration – KY District
- KY Small Business Development Center
If you are someone that can help provide advice and resources to small businesses during this time, or any small business owner who would like to be matched up with a mentor, email us at email@example.com
Service & Mid-Week Opportunities
Northeast has made the decision to be online only this weekend. Church online only! And we have other opportunities for you to be with us!