Volunteer opportunities at upcoming partner school events - click on the links below for more information and to sign up.
Back to portfolio
Breckinridge Franklin Elementary is a school we have partnered with since 2013. We are excited about this partnership, below are the different serve opportunities to get involved in. Click here to volunteer at Breckinridge Franklin Elementary.
- Extended Family Club allows you to volunteer in the same classroom for two hours each week. You choose the day of the week, you choose the grade. You will be amazed at the impact you will have just by being there for two hours a week.
- Media Professionals This is a brand new opportunity for media professionals to make an impact by sharing what you do with students at BFE, a Communications magnet school. You may sign up to join them on a consistent basis or once — your choice. Power Hour takes place on Friday afternoons.
was the first school that Northeast partnered with five years ago. We offer a variety of ways to make an impact at this school. Click here to volunteer at Chancey Elementary.
- Girls on the Run – Girls on the Run® combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with healthy living education and is a unique, recreation based, way for us to mentor the 3rd-5th grade girls at Chancey.
- Granny Club – You cannot believe the influence you can have on a classroom if you volunteer just two hours a week. Granny Club members are assigned to a classroom and they stay with their class throughout the school year. It's an exciting way to be an ongoing support to the teachers and students and one of the biggest ways we impact the students at Chancey.
is a school we have partnered with since 2014. Please consider volunteer for Kindergarten Klub. Click here to volunteer at LaGrange Elementary.
Oldham County Preschool
- Kindergarten Klub allows to help identified students catch up and be proficient in regard to oral language skills and basic vocabulary words. The school provides the curriculum, you provide the investment in a child. This is a weekly opportunity with options on time commitment.
, a preschool operated by Oldham County Schools was added to our school partnerships in 2016.
Click here to volunteer at Oldham County Preschool.
Westport TAPP High School
Preschool Heroes— in order to provide more positive male presence on their campus, we are recruiting men who will work as Preschool Heroes. Their primary role will be to spend one day per week welcoming and assisting students when they arrive at school and then spend half hour reading to a small group of students or just interacting with them. The preschool offers two sessions per day, so volunteers are needed 7:15 – 8:15 AM as well as 11:10 AM – 12:10 PM. You pick the day, you pick the time.
— for the third year, we have the opportunity for ladies from Northeast to mentor one of the students. Your time commitment is 1 hour per week and training will be provided. Click here to volunteer at TAPP High School.
Zachary Taylor Elementary
is where Northeast started more than 39 years ago so we are extremely excited to add them as a new partner school. Click here to volunteer at Zachary Taylor Elementary.
- Here to Help! - This volunteer opportunity is exactly what it says — you are at the school to help. You may decide to tutor or mentor or be a helper in the cafeteria during lunch time — you define it. AND you can sign up to be a weekly volunteer or you can be on the approved volunteer list and just show up at the school when you are available.
What is Elevate? A non-profit organization whose mission is to elevate body, mind and spirit through recreational events, trainings, camps and retreats for schools, orphanages, churches, businesses, and organizations.
These events are executed on a regular, consistent basis, primarily for disadvantaged kids, providing them with fun, recreational activities and building relationships . . . all while sharing Christ’s love.
For more information about how to get involved, volunteer, or to book an event, camp, retreat or other, please contact Executive Director Logan Murphy at 502.718.4145 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to check out our website.
LaGrange Elementary-Harvest Ball 2017
Once again we get to partner with LaGrange Elementary and host their Harvest Ball Family Dance Night on Friday, October 6.
This event is a great opportunity for volunteers from Northeast to make a positive impact on the staff, students and families at LaGrange Elementary. Below are all of the volunteer opportunities for this event.
Set-up Team- 10 Volunteers
Responsibilities: Set-up the Gym and potentially decorating the hallway, entry area. Primary goal is to create an environment that does not look like a gym, but that looks like a fun, family event. Set-up will also include setting up tables and chairs (approximately 15) for general seating areas and tables for food. Set-up team should plan to arrive at 4:00 PM on event day.
Food & Drink Team - 6 volunteers
Responsibilities: Serve food and drink in a defined area. We will provide the food, so this team will only be responsible for serving the food and drink and cleaning up at the end of the event. This team will serve from 6:00-8:30 PM.
Door Prizes Team - 2 volunteers
Responsibilities: This team is also responsible for arranging and managing the “sign-up” process for door prizes and for working with the DJ throughout the evening to give away the door prizes. This team will serve from 6:00-8:30 PM.
Greeter/Floater Team - 4 volunteers
Responsibilities: This team is responsible for providing a welcoming environment as guests arrive and help where needed. This team will serve from 6:00-8:30 PM.
Photo Booth Team - 6 volunteers
Responsibilities: We will have two photo booths. This team will simply assist people in the process of getting their photo made and if people are not getting their photo made, encouraging them to do so. It’s FREE! This team will serve from 6:00-8:30 PM.
Responsibilities: This team will help get the school back in order.
Click here to sign up.