Volunteer opportunities at upcoming partner school events - click on the links below for more information and to sign up.
Back to portfolio
Breckinridge Franklin Elementary is a school we have partnered with since 2013. We are excited about this partnership, below are the different serve opportunities to get involved in. Click here to volunteer at Breckinridge Franklin Elementary.
- Extended Family Club allows you to volunteer in the same classroom for two hours each week. You choose the day of the week, you choose the grade. You will be amazed at the impact you will have just by being there for two hours a week.
- Media Professionals This is a brand new opportunity for media professionals to make an impact by sharing what you do with students at BFE, a Communications magnet school. You may sign up to join them on a consistent basis or once — your choice. Power Hour takes place on Friday afternoons.
was the first school that Northeast partnered with five years ago. We offer a variety of ways to make an impact at this school. Click here to volunteer at Chancey Elementary.
- Girls on the Run – Girls on the Run® combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with healthy living education and is a unique, recreation based, way for us to mentor the 3rd-5th grade girls at Chancey.
- Granny Club – You cannot believe the influence you can have on a classroom if you volunteer just two hours a week. Granny Club members are assigned to a classroom and they stay with their class throughout the school year. It's an exciting way to be an ongoing support to the teachers and students and one of the biggest ways we impact the students at Chancey.
is a school we have partnered with since 2014. Please consider volunteer for Kindergarten Klub. Click here to volunteer at LaGrange Elementary.
Oldham County Preschool
- Kindergarten Klub allows to help identified students catch up and be proficient in regard to oral language skills and basic vocabulary words. The school provides the curriculum, you provide the investment in a child. This is a weekly opportunity with options on time commitment.
, a preschool operated by Oldham County Schools was added to our school partnerships in 2016.
Click here to volunteer at Oldham County Preschool.
Westport TAPP High School
Preschool Heroes— in order to provide more positive male presence on their campus, we are recruiting men who will work as Preschool Heroes. Their primary role will be to spend one day per week welcoming and assisting students when they arrive at school and then spend half hour reading to a small group of students or just interacting with them. The preschool offers two sessions per day, so volunteers are needed 7:15 – 8:15 AM as well as 11:10 AM – 12:10 PM. You pick the day, you pick the time.
— for the third year, we have the opportunity for ladies from Northeast to mentor one of the students. Your time commitment is 1 hour per week and training will be provided. Click here to volunteer at TAPP High School.
Zachary Taylor Elementary
is where Northeast started more than 39 years ago so we are extremely excited to add them as a new partner school. Click here to volunteer at Zachary Taylor Elementary.
- Here to Help! - This volunteer opportunity is exactly what it says — you are at the school to help. You may decide to tutor or mentor or be a helper in the cafeteria during lunch time — you define it. AND you can sign up to be a weekly volunteer or you can be on the approved volunteer list and just show up at the school when you are available.
What is Elevate? A non-profit organization whose mission is to elevate body, mind and spirit through recreational events, trainings, camps and retreats for schools, orphanages, churches, businesses, and organizations.
These events are executed on a regular, consistent basis, primarily for disadvantaged kids, providing them with fun, recreational activities and building relationships . . . all while sharing Christ’s love.
For more information about how to get involved, volunteer, or to book an event, camp, retreat or other, please contact Executive Director Logan Murphy at 502.718.4145 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Click here to check out our website.
Love the Ville Christmas Party
This Christmas season, we want to continue to support our partner schools and host our annual Love The 'Ville Christmas Party for 350 students. Our goal is to make December 16 a day these students won't forget!
Help us make this Christmas season special for kids from our partner schools! Below are the serving opportunities where you can serve.
Gift wrap Set-up Team – This team will meet on Sunday, December 10 at 12:30 p.m. and will help set-up for the gift wrapping team.
Gift wrap Team – This team will meet on Sunday, December 10 at 3:00 p.m. and will wrap and organize all the gifts.
Set-up Team – This team will meet on Friday, December 15 at 6:30 p.m. to help set up the Main Auditorium and Lobby for the party.
Table hosts – Serve as a host for seven students at one of the tables during the event. You are also responsible for decorating (simple!) your table.
Table Assistants – Provide support for two tables. You are there to serve the table hosts.
Check-in and Check-out Team – Help expedite the check-in process for all our students and families from Chancey Elementary (and potentially Zachary Taylor & Wilder). You also are responsible for check-out at the end of the event.
Bus Team/Floater – You meet at either LaGrange Elementary, Breckinridge Franklin Elementary, Coleridge Taylor Elementary, Goldsmith Elementary or King Elementary at 9:45 a.m. You assist with check-in, ride the bus to the Northeast campus, serve as a floater during the event and ride the bus back to the school.
Lunch Team – you assist with serving food and drinks to our guests. Food will be box lunches.
Gift Station/Check-out Assistants Team – you are responsible for staffing a specific gift station and making sure that each student gets the appropriate (male or female) gift from your station. You will also assist the checkout team with children being picked up by their parents.
Greeter/Shopper Team – this team will be responsible for getting students from the bus (once they arrive on NE campus) to their assigned table in the auditorium AND will also walk students through the gift line and put the wrapped gifts into a bag for them. You are responsible for tagging their bag and walking them back to their table.
Clean-up Team – Help clean up and get the building ready for Saturday night service. Meet at Northeast at 1:15.
Because we are working with elementary age students, you must be older than 14 to volunteer.
Click here to sign up.
Love the 'Ville shirts are on sale now. To order click here. Deadline to order is Monday, November 29.